Summer is here and it’s raining babies, so I thought I would share my favorite Austin Babymoon Ideas for my expecting mamas! Or maybe you just need a date night, or staycation, we have some fabulous ideas for your next night out or away!
Pregnancy can be such a stressful time of anticipation for many expecting parents, whether it’s your first or your fourth, and a babymoon may be exactly what you and your partner need to relax, unwind, and reconnect before baby arrives. A babymoon or even just a simple local couples staycation is the perfect way to break free from the chaos and distractions of everyday life, and just focus on each other and relaxing. Whether lounging poolside with a good book, enjoying a couple’s massage, or even taking a cooking class, a babymoon is the perfect way to recharge and prepare for all of life’s upcoming changes.
Our own unique city of Austin and all the quaint hill country towns that surround us offer up so many wonderful options for an unforgettable couple’s staycation or babymoon. I’ve rounded up a few ideas for you to enjoy right in your own “backyard!”
- Unwind at a luxurious spa – Treat yourselves to a day of pampering and relaxation at The Lake Austin Spa Resort. With its stunning waterfront location, and array of services, including massages, facials, and hydrotherapy treatments, it is definitely a top choice for couples looking to get away. Austin has so many amazing resorts and spas, I mentioned a few others in my Mother’s Day post that are also worth checking out.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner – Who doesn’t love a dinner they don’t have to cook or clean up after? If you want to really spoil yourselves with an amazing meal, you must check out Uchi, one of my personal favorites for exceptional sushi. Or if you are in the mood for Italian, Red Ash is incredible with their house-made pastas and exceptional dishes made in their wood-burning grills and ovens. Feel free to check out my other post on my favorite date night spots for more ideas.
- Go on a food tour – Speaking of food, Austin is known for its delicious cuisine and eclectic food scene. Consider taking a food tour to explore the city’s best eats. With a plethora of 5-star reviews, you can’t go wrong with Austin Eats Food Tours, which offers guests authentic experiences that get you out of the guidebook and into the real Austin. It’s so fun to play tourist in your own city!
- Take a cooking class – I’m sensing a theme here, lol. Shared experiences are excellent ways to bond and bring couples closer, so why not learn a new skill together and take a cooking class at The Central Market Cooking School or Sur la Table. From sushi making to French pastries, there are plenty of classes to choose from. This is sure to be a date night to remember!
- Attend a concert or a show – If there is one thing Austin is known for other than being weird, it’s their live music scene. There is no shortage of venues to catch a live performance. From the super intimate Saxon Pub, to Antone’s, and the Moody Center, there is a crowd and genre for all! Or perhaps comedy is more your speed, in that case, Ester’s Follies will always leave you in stitches, or you can check out a comedian at the Capital City Comedy Club. Music and laughter are always good for the soul.
- Stay in a boutique hotel or B&B – For a truly unique and intimate experience, book a room at a boutique hotel or bed and breakfast like The Kimber Modern or Hotel Saint Cecilia. Or if you are looking for something just outside the city limits, Miraval and Casa del Sol both offer incredible guest rooms with stunning, picturesque views of the surrounding hills. These properties offer stylish accommodations and personalized service, perfect for a romantic staycation.
No matter what you choose to do, a weekend staycation/babymoon in Austin is sure to be a memorable experience for you and your partner. Enjoy the city’s vibrant culture, food, and stunning scenery while spending quality time together before your new bundle of joy arrives.
We hope you enjoyed our Austin Babymoon Ideas and you plan something fun this summer! Maybe you have friends traveling here, and can share those ideas with them or recommend your favorite Austin Maternity Photographer to preserve some memories for them while they are here too! We are currently booking into December 2023, so reach out soon to reserve your session!